Application of Bentonite in the Lubricating Grease.
For the lubricating grease which contains organic bentonite, in order to achieve the best performance, you need to add polarity acivtor into the ystem. The activator used in ubricating grease production (with organic entonte) is listed as below:
Acetone, methanol(95%), ethanol (95%), propylene carbonate, ether derivatives :
Usualy, the preferred acivatr is cartonate propylene ester gycol ether derivatives, because the use of acetone and methanol (95%), ethanol 95%) will cause a low flash point of the grease. The production of grease which use organic bentonite, such as HY-738 and HY- 758, in the fnal stage need high shear force to achieve the ideal expansion, using colloid mill can achieve high shear force.
The add method of HY-738:
1. Make the temperature to 60-80℃。
2. stiring while adding HY-738 (6-10% of the total system) stirring for 10-20 minutes.
3. add the polar activator (3% carbonate propyene ), then add additives, preservatives, antioxidants, metal deactivator, stirring for 25-30 minutes.
4. Use pump make it through the colloid grinding or homogenizer.
5. Outgassing, filtering, then packing the lubricating grease.
The add method of HY-758:
1. heating the 1/3-1/2 grease'.s temperature to 60℃
2. stirring while adding HY-758 (6-10% of the total system) stirring for 10-20 minutes.
3. add the polar activator (3% carbonate propylene), stirring for 25-30 minutes.
4. under the condition of stirring, the required additives are added to the remaining grease,stirring for 25-30 minutes.
5. Use pump make it through the colloid grinding or homogenizer.
6. Outgassing, fittering, then packing the lubricating grease.
The advantages of lubricating grease with organic bentonite:
1. Make the high boiling point lubricating grease used in high temperature.
2. Based on organic bentonite gelling agent, lubricating oil can also maintain good lubrication even at a low temperature.
3. Lubricating grease with gelling agent has excellent anti - permeability.
4. it has excellent water resistance.